Thursday, February 3, 2011

6 Months Ago Today

She's amazing. And growing so damn fast. Taking my breath away, it is.


2nd time around, everything seems easier but also faster. I know everyone says that about the second child, but for some reason I'm feeling it so acutely with Eggberta.

Somehow it seemed to take so much longer for Mas to reach this point: eating with gusto, sleeping through the night, getting ready to sit up... Part of it was the preemie-ness: I was always adjusting for his actual birth and when he was supposed to be born. There was always this lag while I waited, prayed, for him to reach each milestone. For there to be no delays, no developmental problems.

But also I just don't have time to focus on her the way I did with him. I mean, I've got a toddler pulling at my pant leg. And my family business is ramping up in ways that are exciting and stressful all at once. (Want to know what we do? Check it out here.)

No comments: